ABESTOS MANAGEMENT PLAN
The Dawson County Schools’ AHERA Management Plan is available for public inspection upon request at the Dawson County Board of Education Office, 517 Allen Street, Dawsonville, GA 30534. This notification is provided to fulfill the requirement of section 763.93(4) of the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act, 40 CFR Part 763, October 30, 1987. All interested parents, teachers, employees, or other persons are invited to review the plan which includes the following items:
- Location, amounts, and types of asbestos-contained materials in all schools and support buildings
- Response actions to the asbestos-contained materials, selected by the Dawson County School System
- Plans for re-inspection, periodic surveillance, and operation and maintenance programs
- Public notification procedures
Anyone interested in reviewing this plan should contact Stacy Gilleland at the Dawson County Board of Education, (706) 265-3246, ext. 1011.
Please note that all Dawson County schools and facilities have been certified asbestos free.
SAFE AND DRUG-FREE SCHOOLS and COMMUNITIES SURVEY
In order to provide the most effective drug and violence prevention resources and/or activities for your child, the Title IV Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities Program collects survey information from students at various grade levels during the school year. The survey will take approximately 20 minutes to complete, is totally anonymous and voluntary, students have the right to “opt out”, and asks for responses that pertain to student involvement in substance abuse, violent situations, school climate and nutrition. The data collected will be used to identify critical areas of need for our Safe and Drug-Free Schools efforts. Survey analysis of these data provides information/data that:
- Meets the No Child Left Behind Title IV mandated data collection requirements;
- Assists in the maintenance of a school environment that is free of drugs and violence;
- Promotes a classroom atmosphere that allows teachers to teach and students to learn; and
- Develops and offers experiences that involve students in applying the concepts of making healthy decisions, accepting responsibility for behaviors, and understanding consequences.
Our desire is to involve parents in the education of their children. If you do not wish for your child to participate in this important activity, please sign and return this form to the school by December 16th. If you would like to examine the survey, visit: www.gadoe.org/sia_titleiv.aspx or come by the school between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m., and we will be happy to provide you with a copy for your review.
2011-2012 PTSO membership form
The high school PTSO is excited to begin our third year of establishment. We hope to continue to be a strong presence in the high school which will better serve the students, faculty and parents. The objectives are listed below and we hope you will join. You membership cost is $10 with an unlimited discount card.
- Parent involvement.
- Better communication between the school, teachers and parents.
- Purchasing items for the classrooms/teachers that could not be budgeted.
- Purchasing sports equipment for smaller budgeted sports or clubs.
- Helping supplement educational field trips, prom, Indigenous account, etc.
- Yearly college scholarships.
With your $10 PTSO membership you will receive a discount card that offers unlimited uses at the following local Dawsonville establishments.
- 10% off Meal only: Fajita Grill, Dawsonville Pool Room, Zaxby’s, El Rio Mexican Restaurant & Coldstone Creamery.
- Bella Sol Salon: $10 off chemical hair service or $10 off monthly tanning: Wacky Fridays-$15 cut.
- Bojangles: Buy 2 piece/1side chicken meal & rec FREE reg. drink.
- Creative Vision Saloon-10% off Redkin products.
- Dairy Queen: 16 oz Moo Latte for $1.99.
- Express Lube (Near Post Office): FREE basic car wash w/ oil chge.
- Mr. Wok: Purchase $30 & get FREE crab Rangoon or sweet donuts. Purchase $50 & get FREE sesame or sweet/sour chicken.
- Premium Car Wash: Wacky Weds- $2 off all washes.
- Salon Zoya: $10 off color; $3 off cuts.
- One free Chick -Fila sandwich (you will get coupon).
Karen Armstrong, President, Profmom1@hotmail.com 678-943-0516
Michelle Matthews, Vice President
Laurie Erickson, Secretary
Lisa McClure, Treasurer
H1N1 Vaccine Letter
Guidance from District 2 Public Health
Distrito 2 de Salud Publica (Spanish Version)
For additional information:
The following items MUST be presented when registering a new student for DCHS:
*Social Security Card (not just the number!)
*GA immunization form #3231
*Proof of residency (light bill, water bill, cable bill, lease or tax notice) Telephone and/or cell phone bills will NOT be accepted.
*Withdrawal form from previous school attended
*Legal custody documentation (if applicable)
To make an appointment please contact Connie Jennings at (706) 265-655, Ext. 1404. (If appointment is not made, registration will be on a first come, first serve basis.)
Parent Right to Know
Dawson County High School AYP Data
Dawson County School System AYP Data
Free and Reduced Lunch Application
For more Documents and Forms, see the Documents and Forms section in Student Information.