All student registrations (both new and returning) must be completed through the district’s Central Registration Center. Using the online pre-registration portal and providing the required documentation will help to expedite the student’s enrollment to school. All registrations must be finalized at the Central Registration Center. Please see the address, hours of operation, and contact information shown below to schedule a final registration appointment.
Dawson County Schools Central Registration Center
517 Allen Street
Dawsonville, GA 30534
Hours of Operation: M – F (8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
Contact: Mrs. Lisa Miller
(706) 265 – 3246 Ext. 1035
For the 16-17 school year, please click the link below for NEW STUDENTS.
NEW STUDENTS or PREVIOUSLY WITHDRAWN: Click HERE to begin registration for school.
CURRENTLY ENROLLED STUDENTS: Click HERE to begin registration for school.
For the 17-18 school year, grades Kindergarten through 12th grade, NEW or PREVIOUSLY WITHDRAWN Students, please click the link 17-18
Students entering a Georgia public school for the first time must be age five on or before September 1 to enter Kindergarten.
Required Documents for School Enrollment
- Birth Certificate
- Original for Pre-K, Kindergarten, & 1st Grade.
- Certified copy for all other grades.
- Georgia Immunization Form and Vision, Hearing, and Dental Certificates
- These forms may be obtained from your pediatrician or the local Department of Public Health. (*NOTE: Immunization forms from other states must be transferred to Georgia forms.)
- Proof of Residency
- Examples….house contract, lease agreement, utility bill, etc.
- Social Security Number
- In accordance with Georgia law, a social security number will be requested for each enrolling student at the time of initial enrollment. Parents may choose not to provide a social security number by signing a written waiver.
- *Note: Required documents may be uploaded in .pdf, .jpeg, or .tif formats.
Dawson County Schools offers pre-K programs at Riverview Elementary School and Kilough Elementary School. For additional information or to enroll a student in Pre-K, please contact the program director as shown below.
For 2017-2018 School Year, if your child has been approved for Pre-K, please click 17-18 to submit online registration.
To be added to the wait list, please contact:
Ms. Shari Chastain
(706) 216 - 5812 Ext. 1963